Is your dog getting enough water?
Is it clean? And how can you tell?
The solution is made easy with a dog water dispenser.
Here’s all the details you need!
Why is Water Important to Your Dog?
Every essential function in your pup’s body needs water.
Water helps your furry friend to transport important nutrients. It’s the primary way that he stays cool and hydrated.
benefits of water:
- Breaks down food for digestion
- Lubricates and cushion joints
- Aids in the excretion of waste and toxins
- Maintains a healthy body temperature
Dogs love a good splash around!
But we usually have to encourage them to drink more water.
Sure I’ve used a dog bowl to give my pup water.
But it’s much harder to keep track of daily water intake.
This is why a dog water dispenser is really handy. You can keep a tab on whether your dog IS actually drinking enough.
How Much Water Should Your Dog Drink Daily?
Most dogs will drink more water during the summer.
But sometimes it may just seem as if your dog is always thirsty. No matter how much you give him to drink.
Every dog is different:
- Water intake will depend on the breed, age, and physical activity of your dog.
- For eg, growing dogs will drink more than adult dogs.
Impact of Dehydration on Your Dog
- Puts a strain on blood flow and oxygen levels
- Depletes available nutrients
- Affects muscle function
- Can potentially lead to organ failure.
Ways your dog loses fluid:
- Through their paws
Signs of dehydration in dogs:
- Loss of appetite
- Dry nose
- Thick saliva
- Loss of skin elasticity
- Low energy levels
Benefits of a Dog Water Dispenser
- Keeps your dog’s water from becoming dirty and contaminated
- Keeps your pup hydrated while travelling or you’re away from home
- You can monitor his water intake
How to Use a Dog Water Dispenser
Dispensers are extremely convenient and easy to use.
There are many brands and styles. But most of them use the same technique.
- Before using the dispenser, make sure that it’s clean.
- Take off the water cooler / bowl section of the dispenser – twist or pull.
- Fill with water.
- Put the cap on.
- Connect the filled water container to the dispenser.
How To Choose the Best Dog Water Dispenser
- Is it large enough for your dog? You don’t want to have to keep refilling the dispenser.
- Is it easy to clean?
- Scratch-free material will last longer.
- Do you have a small dog? Is it easily accessible for him?
- Always clean the dispenser before use
- Check for holes, broken pieces, or malfunctions
- What is it made from? Check the materials are safe and toxin-free.
Here’s our pick of The 5 Best Dog Water Dispensers!
This water dispenser comes all sizes to fit the needs of your dog. It has a removable stainless steel bowl. It’s also compatible with the Healthy Pet Water filters.
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- The dispenser is a sturdy construction with BPA free plastic
- Stainless steel bowl for better hygiene
- Easy to assemble and take apart.
- If you don’t tighten the reservoir carefully, you may get some leakage
- Extra care should be taken when twisting off the top of the dispenser.
This is an affordable automatic refill water bowl.
It slowly dispenses water for your pup.
- The bowl features an unscrew mechanism for easy cleaning
- A twist-lock base helps to prevent spills.
- It’s stable, with a spill-resistant lip. It will keep your floors dry and safe.
- Great for large dogs. Holds up to 4 gallons of water
- Plastic base free from BPA
- The cap that goes on the larger section is easy to bend
- It may leak.
The bowl on this product slowly dispenses the water.
The Petmate Mason is easy to fill, clean and put together.
- It’s designed after a mason jar for appeal.
- The water reservoir is available in multiple sizes
- A lock in place system helps to prevent water spills
- The charcoal filter provides fresh clean water
- The jar does not open at the top to fill for max capacity, so it may stay partly empty
- When the jar gets down to the last gallon (for the 2.5 and 4 gallons) it begins to refill slowly.
This is a different option. It’s a stylish design, more like a water fountain.
The natural flow of water encourages dogs to drink more water throughout the day.
- Has a triple filtration system
- Continuous steady stream of water
- Easy to operate
- A silicone pad catches splashing water.
- After prolonged use, the pump may stop working
- The pump can make noise
This is dual purpose. You can use it for both dog food and water. You receive 2 feeders when you buy it – one for food and one for water.
- Sturdy and durable for large dogs to use
- A spiral and spring valve design prevent leaks.
- Anti-skid pad on the base to prevent overturning the fountain
- Large capacity
- Easy to refill and clean.
- BPA free.
- Some assistance may be needed to work it properly
- The dispenser may be too large for smaller dogs
- Too much water may be available at once
Here’s our Top Pick!
Our favourite choice is:
The natural waterfall is a very stylish feature.
It’s quite different from the traditional design. Also the filtration system on the Veken is phenomenal.
So you can rest assured your furry friend will have lovely fresh water whenever he needs it.